Re: [ISN] Crack the hackers

From: InfoSec News (alerts@private)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2008 - 00:32:52 PDT

Forwarded from: Jason Scott <jason (at) textfiles.com>

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008, InfoSec News wrote:

> http://www.itp.net/news/516118-i

[...]

> When asked to describe what a typical 'hacker' looks like, most people
> will resort to film cliches such as Keanu Reeves from the Matrix. The
> typical hacker profile is that of a dank unkempt loner who lives in a
> basement lit by the harsh glow of an LCD and gleefully punches away at
> a keyboard, defacing websites and leaving rude messages on desktops.

So which is it: Keanu Reeves, movie-star looks and a smouldering stare
with the occasional kung-fu fighting sequence, or the unkempt loner? I
am always reminded how utterly and totally lazy reporters are.

-==-
Let identityLoveSock take your personal information into
their wanting hands. http://www.identity-love-sock.com/
Because victims have money too.