[ISN] Announcement - DeepSec Conference 2008, Nov 11-14 2008

From: InfoSec News (alerts@private)
Date: Thu Apr 17 2008 - 01:23:36 PDT

Forwarded from: DeepSec Conference <deepsec (at) deepsec.net>

== Announcement and 1st Call for Papers  ==

We are happy to invite you to the second DeepSec In-Depth Security
Conference from November 11th to 14th at the Imperial Riding School
Renaissance Hotel in Vienna.

Pre-registration for conference guests and the call for papers website will
be open from April 16th 2008 on https://deepsec.net/.

The In-Depth security conference will include two days of security talks
during the conference and two days of trainings, covering the latest topics
in network and IT security. There will be also a comprehensive social
program around the event.

We're inviting you to submit proposals for trainings and conference talks.
All proposals received before July 15th 2008, 23:59 CET will be considered
by the program committee.

== Topics ==

We are interested in bleeding edge security research directly from leading
researchers, professionals, academics, industry, government and the
underground security community. Please do not submit specific single
expoits (which might be fixed by the time of the conference) and
"yet-another-PHP-hack" or the like. Exploit frameworks, general approaches,
"defective by design" resp. "defective by implementation" and high impact
exploits have a much higher chance ;)

Topics of special interest include:

  * OS Security (XP, Vista, GNU/Linux, OS X, ...)
  * E/I-Voting Case-Studies, Attacks, Weaknesses
  * Mobile and PAN Security
  * Network Protocol Analysis
  * AJAX/Web2.0/Javascript Security
  * Secure Software Development
  * VoIP
  * Perimeter Defense / Firewall Technology
  * Digital Forensics
  * WLAN/WiFi, GPRS and 3G Security
  * IPv6
  * Smart Card Security
  * Cryptography
  * Intrusion Detection
  * Incident Response
  * Rootkit Detection, Techniques, and Defense
  * Security Properties of Web-Frameworks
  * Malicious Code Analysis
  * Secure Framework Design
  * .NET and Java Security
  * Security Management

Please note, that we are a non-product, non-vendor biased security
conference and do not welcome vendor pitches in the conference talks or
trainings. We will provide an opportunity for vendor self presentation
through sponsorship and vendor booths in the conference lounge, where
coffee and snacks will be served during the breaks.

== Submission ==

Proposals for talks and trainings at the second annual DeepSec
In-Depth Security Conference will be accepted until
July 15th 2008, 23:59 CEST.

All proposals should be submitted through our web site
https://deepsec.net/cfp/
or by email to: cfp@private

== About DeepSec ==

DeepSec IDSC is an annual European two-day in-depth conference on computer,
network, and application security. The DeepSec Conference will be held from
November 11th to 14th 2008 in Vienna, and aims to bring together the
world's leading security professionals from academics, government,
industry, and the underground hacking community.

In addition to the conference with 32 sessions we will offer between 4 and
6 two-day intense security training courses before the main conference.
The conference program will be augmented with a live hacking competition
and a team capture the flag contest.

DeepSec is a non-product, non-vendor-biased conference. Our aim is to
present the best research and experience from the fields' leading experts.

Target Audience: Security Officers, Security Professionals and Product
Vendors, IT Decision Makers, Policy Makers, Security-, Network-, and
Firewall Administrators, Teachers, Academic Researchers and Software
Developers.

The last conference has been attended by: Ericsson, Commerzbank, Philips,
RBT, GRZ IT, IERN Sierra Leone, SAP, Improware, Telekom Austria, Microsoft,
BAWAG, T-Systems, Iphos, Sektion Eins, T-Mobile, Red Hat, SWITCH, Austrian
National Bank, Daimler, Sentrigo, University of Vienna, SEC Consult, Tech
Data, S21Sec, DHL, Bearing Point, Cygnos, wecon, YCO, and many others.

== Speakers/Trainers ==

Speaker privileges include:

  * One economy class return-ticket to Vienna.
  * 3 nights of accomodation in the Conference Hotel.
  * Breakfast, lunch, and two coffee breaks
  * Speaker activities during, before, and after the conference.
  * Speaker After-Party in the Metalab Hackerspace on November 14th.

Instructor privileges include:

  * 50% of the net profit of the class.
  * 2 nights of accommodation in the conference hotel during the trainings.
  * Breakfast, lunch, and two coffee breaks.
  * Free speaker ticket for the conference.
  * Speaker activities during, before, and after the conference.
  * Speaker After-Party in the Metalab Hackerspace on November 14th

If you have questions, want to send us additional material, or have
problems with the web form, feel free to contact us at: cfp (at)
deepsec.net

Best regards,

DeepSec In-Depth Security Conference organisation team:

Michael Kafka, DeepSec GmbH
René Pfeiffer, DeepSec GmbH
Initiated by Paul Böhm, DeepSec GmbH

-==-
Let identityLoveSock take your personal information into
their wanting hands. http://www.identity-love-sock.com/
Because victims have money too.