Re: [ISN] Prediction: The RSA Conference Will Shrink Like a Punctured Balloon

From: InfoSec News (alerts@private)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2008 - 23:52:24 PDT

Forwarded from: Fred Villella <FredVillella (at) aol.com>

What Bruce exposes is accurate... "mainstreaming" IT Security.

Originally, we structured the approach around the Air Force System
Security Engineering and Life Cycle management concepts;  where security
requirements mature commensurate with the development product.  More
documents and designs early on..  and expanding networks and servers etc
as the product matures.

I recall vividly the Sprinkler enterprise..  selling sprinkler
installations for new construction as a "Protection" value added. . even
cost beneficial.  Sprinkler requirements quickly became built into the
architects design.. as a mainstream item..just like plumbing.

Even though this concept is accurate, there are MANY agencies in
government & industry still not catching on.. Nice touch by BS ..

Subscribe to the InfoSec News RSS Feed
http://www.infosecnews.org/isn.rss