[ISN] Georgia Highlands College tightens computer security

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 01:08:54 -0500 (CDT)
http://news.mywebpal.com/partners/680/public/news916672.html

By John Bailey
Rome News-Tribune Staff Writer
07/29/08

With a hacker arrested last week after breaching the college.s security
system and class registration coming up, the Information Technology
department of Georgia Highlands College has its hands full.

"It's a tremendous burden on our IT system," said GHC public relations
director Dana Davis.

The department will be running tests on the computer system to determine
if all of the viruses in the system have been found. Also, additional
steps will be taken to protect the private information of students while
attempting to keep the computers accessible.

"We have over 2,000 computers," said Dana Davis public relations
director with the college. "We're trying to walk that tightrope between
accessibility and security."

[...]

Attend Black Hat USA, August 2-7 in Las Vegas,
the world's premier technical event for ICT security experts.
Featuring 40 hands-on training courses and 80 Briefings
presentations with lots of new content and new tools.
Network with 4,000 delegates from 50 nations.
Visit product displays by 30 top sponsors in
a relaxed setting. http://www.blackhat.com