[ISN] News from Black Hat: Upcoming Events and a New Webcast

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 05:04:30 -0500 (CDT)
Forwarded from: "jmoss" <jmoss (at) blackhat.com>

InfoSec News Readers,

This year's USA show is now in the books and I want to thank you for
helping Black Hat Grow and become better over the years. We think it
might have been our best event ever with record attendance both in
training and briefings. In addition to the attendance records, our
lineup of presentations was our strongest ever. The strength of that
lineup was in part due to the input of our delegates - USA 2008 was the
first event where paid attendees participated in the presenter selection
process. The results of that collaboration were better than we expected
and we look forward to extending that innovation across our family of
events.

BLACK HAT USA AUDIO VIDEO
By far, the most popular presentation was Dan Kaminsky's talk on the DNS
exploit - it dominated the news coverage and was attended by a standing
room only crowd that was somewhere near double the size the room was
supposed to hold. If you'd like video of that talk, you can find it on
https:/www.blackhat.com/ The rest of the show will be online in video
and audio formats soon.

If you'd like to see the white papers and slide presentations from BH
USA 2008, they're available now on our US 2008 archive page. We've also
got a BH Flickr account if you'd like to see pictures of the event. Our
photostream on Flickr is named Black Hat Briefings. We'll be adding
pictures from the show steadily - if you have some you think others
would like to see, let us know by sending email to
darington_at_private and we'll post those too.

FUTURE BLACK HAT BRIEFINGS
Next on the agenda is Black Hat Japan, which returns to the Keio Hotel
in Tokyo from October 5 to October 10. Delegate registration is open for
this event. If you're interested in attending, use the code BHUSJPPA for
a discount of JPY 20,000. We have a strong lineup of speakers for this
event that you can check out at:
https://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-japan-08/brief-bh-jp-08-index.html.

Black Hat comes back across the pond for the DC event, which will take
place February 16-19, at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City. We've grown
into a bigger venue and we look forward to a dynamic conference with
more training offerings. Then Black Hat travels to Amsterdam for Black
Hat Europe, which returns to the Moevenpick Hotel in Amsterdam from
April 14-17.

Our flagship event, Black Hat USA 2009 is scheduled for July 25-30 at
Caesars Palace on the Las Vegas Strip with four days of training, our
biggest Briefings ever as we move into the new and expanded conference
building being built as you read this!

NEW WEB CASTS!
Our successful webcast series returns to action on September 18 with a
full presentation of a very interesting talk from USA 2008 that got a
good deal of media attention - Alexander Sotirov and Mark Dowd's
presentation entitled "How To Impress Girls With Browser Memory
Protection Bypasses." We're trying something new here - we're going to
use most of the hour to allow a full, in-depth presentation, very
similar to the way it was presented at the event.  So if you've never
attended a Black Hat presentation, this is your chance to get a taste of
what we do.  If you attended, but didn't get the opportunity to hear
Sotirov and Dowd speak, this will be great for you. Even folks who
attended the presentation at BH USA might benefit from the opportunity
to ask questions. You can register for the event at this gnarly URL:

http://w.on24.com/r.htm?e=117307&s=1&k=77CB8EE0B5BC4EC5AB070B8AB487B085

As always, if you'd like to get onto our mailing list to learn about
webcasts as they're announced, please drop us a line at
subscribe-webcasts_at_private  You can also have access to all of
Black
Hat's breaking news by following us:
- Twitter at https://twitter.com/BlackHatUSA2008.
- Our RSS feed at https://www.blackhat.com/BlackHatRSS.xml

Thank you,
Jeff Moss

Register now for HITBSecConf2008 - Malaysia! With
a new triple-track conference featuring 4 keynote
speakers and over 35 international experts, this
is the largest network security event in Asia and
the Middle East!
http://conference.hackinthebox.org/hitbsecconf2008kl/