[ISN] iPhones are a must-have for Congress

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 04:08:12 -0500 (CDT)
http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/iphones-are-a-must-have-for-congress-2008-10-21.html

By Jordy Yager
TheHill.com
10/21/08

House members in the next Congress could get Apple’s iPhone as their
newest communication gadget.

The Chief Administrative Office (CAO), which oversees the communications
systems for the House, has begun testing a small number of iPhones
within its ranks to see if they are compatible with the working needs of
lawmakers and staff.

“The reason we’re trying them out is because we heard a lot of people
wanted the option to have them,” said Jeff Ventura, a spokesman for the
CAO.

The iPhone has garnered tremendous attention since its release in July
2007. In addition to being heralded as one of the greatest modern
inventions, it’s received its share of criticism for its touch-screen
keyboard and slow connection speeds.

The CAO plans to decide whether to give members the option of using the
phones, which are offered exclusively under AT&T contracts, by the
beginning of the next Congress in January.

[...]

Register now for HITBSecConf2008 - Malaysia! With
a new triple-track conference featuring 4 keynote
speakers and over 35 international experts, this
is the largest network security event in Asia and
the Middle East!
http://conference.hackinthebox.org/hitbsecconf2008kl/