[ISN] Call for donations for InfoSec News!

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 04:17:42 -0600 (CST)
http://www.infosecnews.org/donate.html

Richard Clarke once said...

"If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, then you will be
hacked. What's more, you deserve to be hacked."

For $1.00 at the local diner, you can buy a bottomless cup of coffee. At
the local bookstore, a large three shot, double latte cappuccino is
about $5.00. Ideally we'd like to see every InfoSec News subscriber
sacrifice at least one or two (or more) days without his or her coffee
to enable us to continue the work we've been doing, but also improve our
services.

Donation drives in the past have implemented the InfoSec News RSS feed,
a digest version of InfoSec News, and the capability to run searches of
past InfoSec News articles. A fast server was donated and has been
running for some two and a half years, I can't say enough good things
about our hosting company except with present economic conditions at
this end its been tough trying to cover the related expenses of keeping
it all up and running.

A donation of $1 to $5 isn't a lot when you consider the work done
behind the scenes here, such as dealing with Microsoft SMTPSVC, bounced
mail, and dead addresses. Its no small feat finding, filtering,
formatting, and analyzing the news stories that more than 5000
information security, homeland defense, and open source intelligence
professionals depend on, on a daily basis.

http://www.infosecnews.org/donate.html

Through PayPal we can accept donations in all the major currencies or
with Amazon's Honor System, you can use your credit card without
retyping it if Amazon already has it on file. However, Amazon and PayPal
keeps 2.9% of your payment plus a fixed cost of $0.30 per transaction.

If you don't trust either one of those methods, that's OK, the mailing
address here is...

William Knowles
Post Office Box 24
Golf, Illinois 60029-0024
U.S.A

I'm sorry but donations to infosecnews.org are not US tax deductible as
charitable contributions. They may however be deductible as an operating
expense. Contact your accountant for a determination. The same applies
in other countries where corporations can make deductible donations
under the terms of "Good Will".

The signature file space is also available, companies or organizations
interested in sponsoring the list can contact me at:
wk (shift2) infosecnews [dot] org

We greatly appreciate any amount you're willing to send out way,
Thank you for your support!

William Knowles
InfoSec News

Help InfoSecNews.org with a donation!