[ISN] The Easter Bunny colludes with Santa to Compromise NIPRNET

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 03:36:12 -0600 (CST)
Forwarded from: "J. Oquendo" <sil (at) infiltrated.net>

> Forwarded from: "Tired_Lifer"
>
> Obviously, all details associated with this incident are classified
> and at different levels of classification. I suspect (don't know, so
> can say) that the full details and the extent of damage, compromised
> information, and counter-intelligence efforts is at the codeword
> level.

Making this sort of speculation without nothing to back it would be akin
to trying to dispute the accuracy of the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus
attacking the government. If you don't know and can't say, why even make
mention of it.

Codeword level sounds groovy. Swordfish like however, the reality is,
the entire situation sounds nothing more like an "e-false flag" (or
i-false flag - depending on the level of marketing you wish to pursue)
exercise. If one were to follow the news, quotes, "campaigns" there is a
mechanism of connecting dots that just don't add up.

On the one hand we have the government saying China backdoored all
mobo's (oh noes!) - so let's view the choice of wording:

<!-- QUOTE

"China's current cyber operations capability is so advanced, it can
engage in forms of cyber warfare so sophisticated that the United States
may be unable to counteract or even detect the efforts,. ...

The report cites news articles and testimony from U.S. officials like
Col. Gary McAlum, chief of staff for the U.S. Strategic Command.s Joint
Task Force for Global Network Operations. ...

China is targeting government and private computers in the U.S.,
including systems operated by the biggest U.S. defense contractors,
according to the report, which cited news articles.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-10107323-83.html?tag=mncol

END QUOTE -->

Wait a second here... What do I see? Do my eyes deceive me? The
government is basing their information from "cited news articles" Last I
checked, there is no reporter with access to what you state is
"classified information" or "uber codework". Sorry Charlie, no purple
footballs to be deciphered. This is the government's wording - not mine.
Start reading between the lines

<!-- Fast forward ...

In 2005, hackers from China nabbed NASA files ... were stolen from the
Army Aviation and Missile Command at Redstone Arsenal in Alabama, the
report said.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-10107323-83.html?tag=mncol

Hold on a second -->

Is this the same Redstone Arsenal with a revolving door of missing and
stolen weapons our media keeps mum on? [1] Possibly, however I doubt
that. I mean to think that anyone in this country would do something as
subversive as spy or sell secrets would be so insane one would have to
be Mel Gibson's character in Conspiracy Theory.

No sir, missing weapons, turning up in Iraq, years later?
Hogwash!

<!-- Fact

26. On 30 July 1999, a shipment of 14 M249 squad automatic weapons was
    reported missing by a materiel manager in USAREUR.

http://www.almc.army.mil/alog/issues/SepOct08/pdf/pdf/alog_septOct08.pdf
http://www.dodig.osd.mil/sar/SAR_121807.pdf

End fact -->

There are far too many variables on the political side alone to take the
whole scenario seriously - outside of the US government feeding media
with disinformation when it comes to "cyberkung-fu panda" hackers from
China.

> If I did have accurate, classified information, why would I provide a
> quote? I like compromising classified information? I like risking my
> career and facing legal penalties? Therefore, you get these uninformed
> quotes. Since there is no penalty for this, you can get everybody's
> personal opinion. Stand-by for the "rogue CIA operation" and
> "omnipotent teenager" and "Al-Qaeda precursor" quotes.

You don't need classified data. Lump together as many articles as you
can cite. The reporters have your "classified information" ready to use.
If you can't Google it, let me know I can have someone at Gartner,
Forrester or some other group put it together for you.

> If you pay attention to anything, pay attention to what is done and
> not said. Back in the day, the Soviets from the embassy never paid any
> real attention to what was being said; they always drove by the
> Pentagon at night to see what the parking lot looked like.

This is my problem, paying attentiopn to what is NOT DONE. For this I
re-introduce to you the "Santa Claus Anti Hacker Protection Plan" [2] in
fact, I can make it readily available for a fee to any company,
government, Joe the Plumber willing to look into my eyes [3]

<!-- Insert the Santa Claus Anti Hacker Protection Plan

Chinese Hackers Cripple Massive Government Computers - World Crumbles

J. Oquendo

"As a security research group, we at ARG discovered a huge risk to the
nation's infrastructure. While doing uber research in our security
dungeon, we discovered that because the US government is using IP,
they were vulnerable. This is dangerous ground, in our findings we
were able to detect and isolate Santa Claus and the entire North Pole
to defend against his cyberattacks." stated sil of ARG. So how did
sil and ARG achieve such a miraculous feat and what the hell is an
ASN anyway? How can the United States or any government or country
use this information for its own benefit. Glad you asked.

http://www.infiltrated.net/?p=120

end top secret AEON Cosmic Classification plan -->

But wait! If you act now, we'll even throw in the patent pending:
Anti-Santa-Anti-Intercontinental-Ballistic-Missile-system-Hacking
module!

<!-- sayeth the government:

"It is there, deep inside your computer, if they decide to call it
up,. the security chief of a multinational corporation told The
Investigator. .It is capable of providing Chinese intelligence with
everything stored on your system - on everyone.s system - from
e-mail to documents. I call it Call Home Technology. It doesn.t
mean to say they.re sucking data from everyone.s computer today,
it means the Chinese think ahead - and they now have the potential
to do it when it suits their purposes."

"It is the hottest topic concerning the FBI and the Pentagon,. a
retired intelligence official told The Investigator. .They don.t
know quite what to do about it. The Chinese have even been able to
hack into the computer system that handles our Intercontinental
Ballistic Missile system.

http://www.newspress.com/Top/Article/article.jsp?Section=LOCAL&Subsection=Columnists&ID=565387824908599370#emailStory

-->

Remember, according to those in the know (news media of course),
according to the FBI and Pentagon - they're aware that China has
"backdoored" boards with "phone home" computing which they can use to
access NIPR, SIPR, possibly even RIPR nets :( What could possible be
next, CRONOS? JWIC?

So here we're told they "HAVE A BACKDOOR" but yet they need to "hack
into" because "we see them touch our networks, with their beady eyed
little hacker groups. ... I don't know but in my travails throughout the
security world, I can pinpoint any kind of "hacker group" with the
capability of backdooring boards. After all - the machines would be
backdoored and "phoning home" so why the need to "hack in".

[1] http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/JI25Ak03.html
[2] http://www.infiltrated.net/?p=120
[3] http://www.advancedmindpower.com/hypnotic.gif

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
J. Oquendo
SGFA, SGFE, C|EH, CNDA, CHFI, OSCP

"Each player must accept the cards life deals him
or her: but once they are in hand, he or she alone
must decide how to play the cards in order to win
the game." Voltaire

227C 5D35 7DCB 0893 95AA  4771 1DCE 1FD1 5CCD 6B5E
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x5CCD6B5E

Help InfoSecNews.org with a donation!
http://www.infosecnews.org/donate.html