[ISN] Scared ethical hackers just won’t come here

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 00:33:03 -0600 (CST)
http://www.indianexpress.com/news/scared-ethical-hackers-just-wont-come-here/394025/

By Chandan Haygunde
The Indian Express
Dec 04, 2008

There is going to be a big drop in the number of ethical hackers from
abroad taking part in ClubHack 2008, the second international convention
of hackers to be held in Pune this weekend, on December 6 and 7.

Of the 15 foreign experts who were scheduled to come and address the
hackers, only two are coming. The rest are dropping out citing security
concerns after the Mumbai Terror strike. Expected to take centre stage
at this meet is cyber terrorism.

Rohit Srivastawa, founder of ClubHack, said 15 foreign speakers — from
Brazil, US and Egypt— were expected for the hackers’ convention.

“Now, we have only two coming for the event. Others would not come
because of security reasons as the terrorist attack in Mumbai has forced
them to back off. However, we will have equally talented Indian speakers
to cover up for their absence,” he said.

[...]

Help InfoSecNews.org with a donation!
http://www.infosecnews.org/donate.html