[ISN] Black Hat: New Webinar, Japan audio now on-line.

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 00:28:06 -0600 (CST)
Infosec News readers, some new content to devour!

NEW FREE WEBCAST - Oracle Database Forensics

Black Hat's webcast series continues with another powerful presentation
from a popular Black Hat speaker. This month's presenter is David
Litchfield of NGS software, speaking on Oracle database forensics, and
he will be releasing a new tool called orablock which he describes this
way:

"Orablock allows a forensic investigator to dump data from a "cold"
Oracle data file - i.e. there's no need to load up the data file in the
database which would cause the data file to be modified, so using
orablock preserves the evidence. Orablock can also be used to locate
"stale" data - i.e. data that has been deleted or updated. It can also
be used to dump SCNs for data blocks which can be useful during the
examination of a compromised Oracle box."

Please join us to learn about Oracle DB forensics from one of the
innovators of the field, as well as learn about his new tool and to get
your questions answered. The webcast will be held on December 18 at 1pm
PST. The URL for registration is:
http://w.on24.com/r.htm?e=122240&s=1&k=57F93C9128D5D1BBC64B8AE7177FB981

For more information about Black Hat's webcast series, including an
archive of our previous webcasts in audio format:
https://www.blackhat.com/webinars/webinars-index.html

BLACK HAT JAPAN audio is now online! Encoded in .m4b format these audio
files are tiny, as well as being bookmarkable and itunes friendly.
https://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-japan-08/brief-bh-jp-08-archives.html

UPCOMING BLACK HAT EVENTS

The next big Black Hat event is Black Hat DC, scheduled for February
16-19 at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City in Arlington Virginia. The event
is divide into two sections with two days of intense, hands-on Training
Sessions followed by a two-day, four-track Briefings portion with a wide
variety of exciting speakers and presentations. Black Hat DC is a unique
information security event that places a special emphasis on the needs
of security professionals who work in government service and
infrastructure. And we think this one will be our best DC event yet.
Even though the Black Hat DC Call for Papers doesn't close until January
1, but we've already confirmed some exciting Briefings presentations.

- Crowd favorite Adam Laurie will return with a satellite-hacking
  presentation that is sure to be popular.
- Database guru David Litchfield will present a powerful new database
  forensics tool.
- Andrew Lindell's contribution is entitled "Making Privacy-Preserving
  data Mining Practical with Smartcards."
- In the hardware hacking area we have a very interesting presentation
  from Travis Goodspeed on reverse engineering and exploiting wireless
  sensors.

Our lineup of brand new training sessions includes a physical security
training by Zac Franken and Adam Laurie entitled "RFID, Access Control
and Biometric Systems", a Metasploit course called "Tactical
Exploitation" by Metasploit creator HD Moore and a course on
"Understanding and Deploying DNNSEC" by Paul Wouters and Patrick Nauber.

As always, it's best to register early for the training of your choice
to make sure there's a place for you - seats are limited. To learn more
about all of our training courses, follow this link:
https://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-dc-09/train-bh-dc-09-index.html

REGISTER NOW
Please keep in mind that the early bird rate that's in effect for the
Briefings and the Training classes will end on January 1. To take
advantage of those significant savings, please consider registering
soon.  The Black Hat Europe early bird rate ends February 1 - we'll have
more details about that event in our next mailing.

CFP OPEN FOR BLACK HAT DC AND EUROPE
Another reminder is that Black Hat is still considering Briefings
speaker applications for both Black Hat DC and Black Hat Europe, so if
you have a strong, compelling and technical presentation to share,
please let us know! To be considered for Black Hat DC, you'll need to
have your work in our system by January 1. The deadline is February 1
for the Black Hat Europe CFP, the details for potential presenters are
available online: https://cfp.blackhat.com/

GET INVOLVED WITH BLACK HAT!

- Join the Black Hat LinkedIn group and participate in discussions and
  comment on news.
  http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=37658&trk=hb_side_g

- Share your pictures of past events, or just check out ours: Yes it is
  just getting started, but please post your Black Hat pics.
  http://www.flickr.com/photos/30017677@N05/

- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/blackhatusa2008

- Subscribe to our main RSS feed to get timely announcements that won't
  be in monthly newsletters: https://www.blackhat.com/BlackHatRSS.xml

Thank you,
Jeff Moss
Director of Black Hat, CMP Media LLC