[ISN] Ohio official quits over Joe the Plumber records flap

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 05:20:34 -0600 (CST)
http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/news/12296045468350.xml&coll=2

By Reginald Fields and Aaron Marshall
Plain Dealer Bureau
December 18, 2008

Columbus - The state director who authorized the peek into the personal
records of Joe the Plumber quit Wednesday under mounting political
pressure.

Helen Jones-Kelley resigned as head of the Ohio Department of Job &
Family Services while serving the final days of a 30-day unpaid
suspension imposed last month by Democratic Gov. Ted Strickland.

"It is with sadness and clarity that I have decided to resign my
position," Jones-Kelley said in a statement released by the governor's
office.

"This decision comes after having a time of pause," she said, "in which
I realize that I continue to be used as a political postscript,
providing a distraction from urgent state priorities."

[...]

Help InfoSecNews.org with a donation!
http://www.infosecnews.org/donate.html