[ISN] Stop the War's website 'disabled by pro-Israeli hackers'

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 01:18:40 -0600 (CST)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/scienceandtechnology/technology/technologynews/4226691/Stop-the-Wars-website-disabled-by-pro-Israeli-hackers.html

Telegraph

It was disabled at the weekend and forced the group to stage a temporary
website. The main site was still out of order on Tuesday morning.

Its Facebook groups were also erroneously told that a demonstration
against the Israeli military action had been cancelled, while misleading
YouTube videos said the same thing

Stop the War believes pro-Israeli groups could be behind the internet
campaign, although a spokesman admitted it had no proof this was the
case.

A spokesman said of the cyber-war it was facing: "It's a well-known
tactic. The same thing happened to us before our anti-Iraq war protests
in 2003. We obviously can't prove any connection but the timing would
suggest that it's a supporter of Israel."

The spokesman told The Independent: "At the same time that our website
was under attack, a number of videos went up on YouTube which claimed
the demonstration had been cancelled. Someone posted notices on our
Facebook groups saying the same thing."

[...]

Please help InfoSecNews.org with a donation!
http://www.infosecnews.org/donate.html