[ISN] NZ man accesses US military secrets

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 01:33:55 -0600 (CST)
http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/413551/2453415

ONE News
January 26, 2009

ONE News has gained access to the personal files of American soldiers,
uncovering military secrets from the most powerful nation in the world.

In November last year the US Defence Department banned the use of
portable data storage devices.

However, Chris Ogle from Whangerei got more than he bargained for when
he bought an MP3 player from an Oklahoma thrift shop for $18.

When the 29-year-old hooked up the player he discovered a playlist he
could never have imagined - 60 files in total, including the names and
personal details of American soldiers.

"The more I look at it, the more I see and the less I think I should
be!" he says.

Some of the information appears to be a mission briefing.

ONE News found amongst the files lists of soldiers based in Afghanistan,
along with the names of some personnel who have fought in Iraq and
cellphones numbers for soldiers based overseas.

[...]

Best Selling Security Books &amp; More!
http://www.shopinfosecnews.org/