[ISN] DHS' Beckstrom: Feds need to define cyber goals

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 01:02:50 -0600 (CST)
http://fcw.com/articles/2009/02/25/feds-need-to-define-cyber-goals.aspx

By Alice Lipowicz
FCW.com
Feb 25, 2009

The federal government would be more successful in its cybersecurity
efforts if it fully defined its goals, a Homeland Security Department
official said today.

"The end state is not adequately discussed," said Rod Beckstrom,
director of DHS. National Cybersecurity Center, at AFCEA International's
Homeland Security Conference.

With millions of cyber attacks occurring daily, it is unrealistic to
hope for an end to all attacks, he said, adding that it would be better
if the federal government set specific goals.

"Do we want a stable Internet for commerce, for communication, for
intelligence, for information-sharing or for the warfighter to have an
electronic advantage in war?" Beckstrom asked. "We need clearer
directives."

[...]

Best Selling Security Books and More!
http://www.shopinfosecnews.org/