[ISN] Cyber war: Army says its systems are hack-proof

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 01:23:15 -0600 (CST)
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India/Cyber-war-Army-says-its-systems-are-hack-proof/articleshow/4336279.cms

Times of India

NEW DELHI: The Army is geared up for skirmishes in the digitised
battlefield as well. The force is quite confident that its information
systems are quite "secure'' from hostile strikes in the backdrop of
China-based hacker groups increasingly mounting attacks on computer
networks across the globe.

"We have put in place a very secure network and I can confidently say
that it cannot be tampered with,'' said signal officer-in-chief
Lt-General P Mohapatra on Monday.

"There are various cryptographic controls that we have put in place and
there are training activities to ensure that no loss of information
takes place,'' he added.

Lt-Gen Mohapatra's statement comes in the wake of reports that a vast
cyber spy network controlled from China has hacked into nearly 1,300
government and private computers across 103 countries, including those
of the Indian embassy in Washington and the Tibetan spiritual leader
Dalai Lama.

As earlier reported by TOI, the Army is boosting the "cyber-security''
of its information networks right down to the level of divisions, which
are basically field formations with over 15,000 troops.

[...]

Best Selling Security Books and More!
http://www.shopinfosecnews.org/