[ISN] FBI Agents Raid Dallas Computer Business

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 00:28:44 -0500 (CDT)
http://cbs11tv.com/local/Core.IP.Networks.2.974706.html

By Jay Fink
CBS 11
April 2, 2009

Dallas - If you were online and couldn't access some websites today, we
might know the reason why. The FBI raided a Dallas building that houses
servers for several different websites.

CBS 11 News has learned that the raid is part of a general criminal
investigation. Because of the confiscation of computers at Core IP
Networks, a number of legitimate businesses have been affected.

 From the downtown office building in the 2300 block of Bryan Street,
FBI agents seized what one source described as millions of dollars in
computer equipment.

Matthew Simpson, the owner of Core IP Networks, said in a letter posted
online that FBI agents raided two floors and 'pulled the plug' on his
clients' web servers starting at 6 o'clock Thursday morning. Agents also
raided Simpson's house in Ovilla.

In the online letter Simpson said [1], "Neither I, nor Core IP are
involved in any illegal activities of any kind. The only data that I
have received thus far is that the FBI is investigating a company that
has purchased services from Core IP in the past."

[1] http://sites.google.com/site/mnsclec/index

[...]

Best Selling Security Books and More!
http://www.shopinfosecnews.org/