[ISN] Burnham sorry over security blunder

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 01:25:39 -0500 (CDT)
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/1109560_burnham_sorry_over_security_blunder

By Ian Craig
Manchester Evening News
April 21, 2009

CABINET Minister Andy Burnham apologised personally to the Prime
Minister today after leaving confidential documents on a London-bound
train.

The papers were in a case which ended up in Glasgow where they were
handed to police by a passenger.

Today the red-faced Leigh MP said sorry to Gordon Brown when the Cabinet
met at Downing Street.

"I've no excuse. I should have known better. It's unacceptable," was all
Mr Burnham would say.

But he confirmed that the Cabinet documents, although marked
"restricted", were not top secret or relating to tomorrow's Budget.

[...]

--
LayerOne 2009, Information Security for the discerning professional.
May 23-24 2009 @ The Anaheim Marriott in Anaheim, California