[ISN] Hilton BlackBerry Lost - Why She Should Worry About Security

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 00:03:28 -0500 (CDT)
http://www.wirelessandmobilenews.com/2009/05/hilton_blackberry_lost_-_why_she_should_worry_about_security.html

Wireless and Mobile News
May 22, 2009

Paris Hilton lost her BlackBerry Bold, last night, at the Cannes Film
Festival in the wee hours of the morning. She searched for it
frantically at her hotel.

"It's the worst thing that could have happened. It has all my contacts
in it. The last thing I want is for it to fall into the wrong hands,"
she told reporters.

'I don't know where or when it went missing but I know I've got to find
it" she told the Mail.

Hilton has been photographed with outfits that match her BlackBerry Bold
and holding it her hand getting of a car (see photo above.)  The
BlackBerry Bold has more features than contacts, it has calendar, GPS,
web browsing, camera with video, and her personal notes.

If her BlackBerry used BES, there would be ways to "Kill" or erase data
provided the smartphone were turned on. Most likely, she is using BIS
provided by her carrier, AT&T.

[...]