[ISN] Google Helped Twitter Deal With Attacks (GOOG)

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 04:11:03 -0500 (CDT)
http://www.businessinsider.com/twitter-cofounder-google-helped-us-thwart-attacks-2009-8

By Nicholas Carlson
Silicon Alley Insider
Aug. 12, 2009

Google and Twitter might be cozier than we thought.

With Facebook and FriendFeed getting together, people are starting to
wonder if Twitter will need a sugar-daddy with deep pockets to thrive.
We've nominated Google and suggested it spend $1 billion to do the job.

 We wrote:

 "Worried that Twitter will never really get a handle on its tech
 platform?  Imagine what Google's global infrastructure and engineering
 could do."

But it turns out Google already has Twitter's back.

Twitter cofounder Biz Stone will appear on the Tavis Smiley show
tomorrow night. About 45 seconds into a preview clip from the interview,
Biz says that during the most recent denial-of-service attacks on
Twitter, the startup learned a lot about how to deal with such attacks
in the future by working "with folks from Google."

[...]

Subscribe to InfoSec News
http://www.infosecnews.org