[ISN] Hackers got talent

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 04:24:03 -0500 (CDT)
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1529602/hackers-talent

By David Neal
The Inquirer

SIMON COWELL is a very nice man and probably has very nice lawyers, so
it is with great sadness that we discover that computers belongng to his
company Syco (geddit? It's an acronym that sounds like psycho) have been
hacked.

But why hack Syco? Was it to lay grubby hands on Cowell's bank account
details? He is worth more money than God after all. Or to find his
tailor's name and address to arrange a hit (and we don't mean a top 10)?
Or to try and get Paula Abdul's phone number?

No, none of the above. Unbelievably people apparently are hacking into
Cowell's computers to get their hands on early cuts of the odious ear
bile he calls music.

Tone-deaf thieves have already got their mitts on tracks from X Factor
(UK) winners Leona Lewis and Alexandre Burke and are selling them to
file sharing sites - according to the Current Bun.

[...]

Subscribe to InfoSec News
http://www.infosecnews.org