[ISN] Radisson Hotels Computers Compromised

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 04:31:15 -0500 (CDT)
http://www.informationweek.com/news/security/attacks/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=219400925

By Thomas Claburn
InformationWeek
August 20, 2009

Radisson Hotels & Resorts' chief operating officer Fredrik Korallus on
Wednesday said in an open letter to company customers that the computer
systems at some Radisson hotels in the U.S. and Canada had been accessed
illegally.

Whoever penetrated Radisson's computers was able to remain there for
more than half a year, during the period from November 2008 to May 2009.

Korallus said that Radisson is working with federal law enforcement
authorities to investigate what happened.

"While the number of potentially affected hotels involved in this
incident is limited, the data accessed may have included guest
information such as the name printed on a guest's credit card or debit
card, a credit or debit card number, and/or a card expiration date," he
said in the letter.

A spokesperson for the company said that he couldn't provide more
specific information. "[T]he forensic investigation is still underway,
and we are unable to provide accurate estimates of the number of
potentially exposed records at this time," the spokesperson said via
e-mail. "As more information becomes available, and if disclosing it
will not compromise the investigation, we will provide updates."

[...]

Subscribe to InfoSec News
http://www.infosecnews.org