[ISN] Hacker attacks website over Kadeer film

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 03:00:31 -0500 (CDT)
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2009-09/22/content_8719448.htm

By Cui Jia
China Daily
2009-09-22

A well-known Chinese hacker has struck again, hitting a film festival
showing a documentary about Uygur separatist Rebiya Kadeer.

Around 3 pm Monday, Taiwan's Kaohsiung Film Festival webpage was
replaced with an image of the People's Liberation Army with China's
national anthem playing in the background. The image was later changed
to a picture of Kadeer with the Dalai Lama, who recently visited Taiwan.

The hacker defaced the website with the message: "Against Xinjiang
separatists, against Tibet separatists and happy 60th birthday to the
People's Republic of China! Perhaps oldjun!"

"Oldjun" is also the hacker who replaced the official website of the
Melbourne Film Festival with an image of the Chinese flag and some
anti-Kadeer slogans in late July after the organizer refused to withdraw
the documentary.

"I hacked into their website because I simply want to express people's
anger about the screening of the film," the 25-year-old network
administrator "oldjun" from Nanjing exclusively told China Daily Monday.
"It is the same reason why I hacked into the Melbourne Film Festival's
website."

He said he found security flaws in the website and hacked into it within
one minute. "It is my own doing. Nobody told me to do it. I really don't
understand why they have to show the film." The website returned to
normal around 7 pm last night.

[...]

Did a friend send you this? From now on, be the
first to find out! Subscribe to InfoSec News
http://www.infosecnews.org