[ISN] Keesler AFB begins cyber warfare training

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 04:32:29 -0500 (CDT)
http://www.wlox.com/Global/story.asp?S=11261989

By Jeff Lawson
WLOX.com
Oct 05, 2009

BILOXI, MS (WLOX) - Monday marked the beginning of a new era for Keesler
Air Force Base as airmen began taking classes on cyber warfare. The
Biloxi base is the official cyber training headquarters for the entire
Air Force.

The commander of the 81st Training Wing, General Ian Dickinson, welcomed
the 95 young airmen to the class, and reflected on the important task
ahead of them.

"When you are my age, looking back on your careers in the Air Force, you
can say I was there on day one, October 5th, when the first fundamental
courses started," General Dickinson told them.

The students will spend the next six months undergoing intensive
training. Eventually, they will be stationed all over the world. In
essence, their job will be to make sure the military's computers are not
hacked. The consequences of such an act could be devastating.

[...]

Did a friend send you this? From now on, be the
first to find out! Subscribe to InfoSec News
http://www.infosecnews.org