[ISN] The Perfect Holiday Gift For Any Security Pro: A Bruce Schneier Action Figure

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 02:55:14 -0600 (CST)
http://www.darkreading.com/security/management/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=221900184

By Tim Wilson
DarkReading
Nov 18, 2009

Move over, James Kirk and Luke Skywalker -- there's a new action figure
popping up on top of security professionals' computers -- and this one
is a real guy.

A miniature version of BT Counterpane security guru Bruce Schneier --
complete with beard and ponytail -- is now available from the That's My
Face site.

The site has dubbed Schneier's figure "Cryptoman," and is offering him
in "casual" or "smart" outfits. Buyers can save $29 by purchasing the
head only.

Schneier knows about the action figure and has blogged about it:

"I'd like to be able to say something like 'half the proceeds are going
to EPIC and EFF,'" Schneier blogs, "but they're not. That's the price
for custom orders. I don't even get a royalty. The company is working on
lowering the price...I've told them that at $100 no one will buy it, but
at $40 it's a funny gift for your corporate IT person. So email the
company if you're interested, and if they get enough interest they'll do
a bulk order."

We want one, Santa. Please?

Did a friend send you this? From now on, be the
first to find out! Subscribe to InfoSec News
http://www.infosecnews.org