Re: [ISN] FBI Suspects Terrorists Are Exploring Cyber Attacks

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 02:56:10 -0600 (CST)
Forwarded from: Richard Forno <rforno (at) infowarrior.org>

The second paragraph undermines the whole article, as such statements
tend to do in all articles warning of cyber or terrorist attacks, just
as any number of 'stories' citing some new DHS or FBI terror threat that
suddenly hits the airwaves periodically during the year.

This entire article simply says -er, repeats- that "terrorists may
consider cyber attacks."  Yeah.  We know that already, and have known
about it for quite a while, too.  Dare I raise the question "so what's
new about that?"

The Hill hearings this week and the resulting stories about cyberwar and
cybersecurity, and the advice contained in a recent GAO report about
ideas to improve security are nothing more than the newest folks in DC
pontificating publicly about the SAME stuff we've been hearing for 10,
15+ years.  The only thing that's improved during this time is this
town's ability to spin its wheels while doing nothing to address the
problem it claims to worry so much about.

Le mal sigh.  :(

-rf