[ISN] Product Watch: Voice Encryption Firm Offers $250K In Gold To Hack Its Technology

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 02:09:30 -0600 (CST)
http://www.darkreading.com/vulnerability_management/security/encryption/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=222000888

By Kelly Jackson Higgins
DarkReading
Dec 07, 2009

An Israeli mobile security firm that a month ago offered $100,000 in
gold to anyone who could hack its voice encryption technology has upped
the ante to $250,000. Gold Lock posted a sample of an encrypted voice
conversation on its Website and is offering the golden reward to any
hackers who can crack it and send the company a transcript of the call.

Gold Lock, which sells military-grade mobile devices and data and voice
encryption tools, says the voice call file has been downloaded more than
1,000 times in the Gold Lock Hacker Challenge contest. But that's
nowhere near the number the vendor had expected, so it decided to make
the contest more attractive with a bigger bounty.

"Since 2003, we have been telling everyone how our products provide
unbreakable protection for their voice and data transmissions, but talk
is cheap. So now we are putting our claims to the ultimate test by
inviting anyone that thinks they have the skills to take us down," said
Noam Copel, CEO of Gold Lock, in a statement.

Copel says he doesn't expect to have to give away the gold, however. "I
don't think there is a chance at all that I'll be giving away the gold.
No individual, group or intelligence agency has the skills, technology
or time needed to defeat our technology," he said.

[...]

Did a friend send you this? From now on, be the
first to find out! Subscribe to InfoSec News
http://www.infosecnews.org