[ISN] [Infowarrior] - Senate sets up Cyber Security Task Force

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 04:21:18 -0600 (CST)
Forwarded from: Richard Forno <rforno (at) infowarrior.org>
To: Undisclosed-recipients: <>;
Cc: Dave Farber <dave (at) farber.net>
Subject: [Infowarrior] - Senate sets up Cyber Security Task Force

Oh, zippidy-doo-dah!  Just what will fix the problem -- another task
force to spend our tax dollars and waste time leading to town halls,
hearings, and a nicely-formatted report telling us what we already
know and have known for the past 15 years.   The more things
change.......  ---rf

http://whitehouse.senate.gov/newsroom/press/release/?id=BDB0A4A9-B617-4E87-B03A-BBCEA1D0BD1C

December 9, 2009

Washington, D.C. - The U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
has established a Cyber Security Task Force to evaluate cyber threats
to the United States and issue recommendations to the U.S.
intelligence community, as appropriate. The bipartisan task force will
be chaired by U.S. Senator Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI), and will also
include Senators Barbara Mikulski (D-MD) and Olympia Snowe (R-ME).

"I'm honored to have been chosen by Chairman Feinstein to lead this
task force," said Whitehouse. "As our world becomes increasingly
interconnected by advanced networks of communication, the United
States must recognize cyber security as fundamental to our national
security. I look forward to working with Senators Mikulski and Snowe
to make our nation better ready to defend against this new frontier of
potential attacks."

The task force will officially convene in January 2010 and will
complete its work by June 2010.