[ISN] CarolinaCon-VI/2010 - Call for Speakers/Papers - InfoSec professionals, h4x0rs, script kidz, and posers

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 04:39:52 -0600 (CST)
Forwarded from: Vic Vandal <vvandal (at) well.com>

CarolinaCon is now accepting speaker/paper/demo submissions for its 6th
annual event in March 2010!!!

What is this "CarolinaCon"?

CarolinaCon is an annual Technology Conference whose mission/purpose is to;

- Enhance local and global awareness of current technology issues and
  developments,
- Provide affordable technology education sessions to the unwashed
  masses,
- Deliver varied/informative/interesting presentations on a wide variety
  of InfoSec/hacking/technology/science topics, and
- Mix in enough entertainment and side contests/challenges to make for a
  truly fun event

When/Where is CarolinaCon?

This year's event will be held on the weekend of March 19th-21st, 2010.
The event will mostly occur at a Holiday Inn in Raleigh, NC.  Raleigh is
about 30 minutes from Durham, Chapel Hill, and Research Triangle Park.

Who develops/delivers CarolinaCon?

CarolinaCon is proudly brought to you by "The CarolinaCon Group".  The
CarolinaCon Group is a non-profit organization registered in the state
of NC, dedicated to educating the local and global communities about
technology, information/network/computer security, and information
rights. The CarolinaCon Group is also closely associated with various
"2600" chapters across NC, SC, TN, VA, LA, DC, and NY.  Many of the
volunteers who help develop and deliver CarolinaCon come from those
chapters.

What events will be at CarolinaCon?

CarolinaCon is mainly about the talks/presentations/demos.  Alongside of
those we'll surely have several other technology-related
contests/challenges, as we've had in past years.  Details on other
events will be announced soon.

Who will be presenting which topics this year?

That's where YOU possibly come in.  If you are somewhat knowledgeable in
some interesting field of technology, hacking, science, etc., and are
interested in speaking/presenting at CarolinaCon, we invite you to
submit your proposal (in brief) for our review.  If you're interested in
presenting please send;

- your name or handle,
- the topic/presentation name,
- estimated time-length of presentation, and
- a brief topic abstract
....via e-mail to:
speakers <at> carolinacon.org

*NOTE: All submissions are due BY January 29, 2010!  Please be timely in
submission if you're committed to being part of the elite cadre of
presenters.  We value diversity, so please don't hesitate to propose
your ideas no matter how outlandish.

If you speak at the Con, you will receive;

- free Con admission for you and one guest,
- a free Con t-shirt,
- minimal fame, glory, and possibly notoriety, and
- mad props from our staff and attendees

I'm excited and I want to present!  What do I do know?

If you're interested in speaking, send the 411 requested to:
speakers <at> carolinacon.org
(BY/BEFORE January 29th 2010)

And if you're interested in attending, watch this space for more
details:

www.carolinacon.org

...and don't forget to mark the dates on your calendar!

Peace,
Vic

Did a friend send you this? From now on, be the
first to find out! Subscribe to InfoSec News
http://www.infosecnews.org