[ISN] Go Card error investigated

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 00:48:47 -0600 (CST)
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/01/11/2789252.htm

By Nikole Jacobi
ABC News

Queensland's acting Premier Paul Lucas maintains Queensland's Go Card
transport system is the envy of other states, but concedes the
Government needs to do better.

An investigation is underway into how one person's Go Card credit was
wrongly transferred to another person with the same name.

Two call centre employees have been stood down pending the outcome.

Mr Lucas says security protocols were not followed.

"People have raised a number of concerns about how the Go Card was
rolled out in the last week or so and I've got to say we have to do
better with that and Translink has got to make sure that it is doing
everything in its power to make sure that people get appropriate and
proper levels of service," he said.

"But having said that, we have a Go Card system that is the envy of
other states."

Did a friend send you this? From now on, be the
first to find out! Subscribe to InfoSec News
http://www.infosecnews.org