[ISN] Google investigates China staff over cyber attack

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 00:51:34 -0600 (CST)
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2010/jan/18/china-google-cyber-attack

By Tania Branigan in Beijing and Reuters
Guardian.co.uk

Google is investigating whether one or more of its employees in China
helped launch the cyber attack against it last month, according to
reports.

It is thought the line of inquiry is a routine part of its investigation
into the attack, which Google says was sophisticated, originated in
China and targeted intellectual property and the email accounts of human
rights activists.

According to Reuters news agency, citing two unidentified sources, the
attack, which targeted people with access to specific parts of Google
networks, might have been helped by employees in the company's offices
in China. It has several hundred staff on the mainland.

"We're not commenting on rumour and speculation. This is an ongoing
investigation and we simply cannot comment on the details," a Google
spokeswoman said.

[...]

Did a friend send you this? From now on, be the
first to find out! Subscribe to InfoSec News
http://www.infosecnews.org