Re: [ISN] China denies involvement in Google cyberattacks

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 00:48:18 -0600 (CST)
Forwarded from: hobbit (at) avian.org (*Hobbit*)

Oh, bosh.  If China or any other country doesn't want to be thought of
as an internet threat, why don't they do something to get a handle on
their spam and phishing harboring problem??  Two messages away from this
one in the inbox this morning was a total forgery claiming to be from
Wachovia, sent through a compromised stateside .edu machine, and trying
to entice me back to 202.123.213.3 to give away all my banking details.
This stuff tries to flood in *all* the time, and trying to complain to
anyone over there in .cn or .hk or anywhere else like that is guaranteed
to fall on deaf ears.

What else are we supposed to think, after almost a decade of this going
on completely unchecked??

_H*

Did a friend send you this? From now on, be the
first to find out! Subscribe to InfoSec News
http://www.infosecnews.org