[ISN] Voice encryption product security evaluation: right criteria for evaluation (it was a marketing campaign)

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 03:23:06 -0600 (CST)
Forwarded from: "Fabio Pietrosanti (naif)" <lists (at) infosecurity.ch>

Hi all, i don't know how many of you have read "deeply" about the
analysis done on http://infosecurityguard.com .

I have made a detailed analysis of their initiative and the result is
that: - it's most probably a camouflage marketing initiative and not a
independent security research - they consider *only* a security context
where local device has been compromised (no software can be secured in
that case) - they do not consider cryptographic security arguments Below
my analysis on this (read it carefully):

http://infosecurity.ch/20100130/about-the-voice-encryption-analysis-phonecrypt-can-be-intercepted-serious-security-evaluation-criteria/

Maybe it's interesting, maybe not, but for sure some facts are very
relevant!

Fabio Pietrosanti (naif)

Did a friend send you this? From now on, be the
first to find out! Subscribe to InfoSec News
http://www.infosecnews.org