[ISN] Cyber threat growing at unprecedented rate, intell chief says

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 00:15:05 -0600 (CST)
http://fcw.com/articles/2010/02/02/web--dni-cyber-threat-annual-assessment.aspx

By Ben Bain
FCW.com
Feb 02, 2010

Malicious cyber activity is growing at an unprecedented rate, severely
threatening the nation's public and private information infrastructure,
the government's top intelligence official said today.

Dennis Blair, the director of national intelligence, told members of the
Senate Select Intelligence Committee, that "in the dynamic of
cyberspace, the technology balance right now favors malicious actors
rather than legal actors, and is likely to continue that way for quite
some time."

Sensitive information is stolen daily from government and private-sector
networks and intelligence officials often find persistent, unauthorized,
and sometimes unattributable presences on exploited networks, Blair said
in prepared remarks about intelligence agencies' annual threat
assessment.

"We cannot be certain that our cyberspace infrastructure will remain
available and reliable during a time of crisis," he testified.

[...]

Did a friend send you this? From now on, be the
first to find out! Subscribe to InfoSec News
http://www.infosecnews.org