[ISN] Government backs competition to recruit security experts

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 00:06:20 -0500 (CDT)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/7638185/Government-backs-competition-to-recruit-security-experts.html

By Claudine Beaumont
Technology Editor
Telegraph.co.uk

The competition, which has the backing of the Cabinet Office and the
Metropolitan Police, uses a series of web-based games and challenges to
find people with untapped analytical, forensic and programming skills.

There are fears that unless the country bolsters its ranks of computer
security experts and analysts, it won't be able to cope with rising
levels of cyber crime.

The Cyber Security Challenge games are designed to measure eight key
skill areas, including network analysis and logical thinking. People who
pass those challenges will be invited to take part in further tests to
ascertain their suitability for a security role. Those who meet the
requirements could be offered scholarships and training courses.

"The current system is not delivering enough skilled professionals to
meet the cyber security challenges we face," said Judy Baker, director
of the Cyber Security Challenge. "We have to improve the quality and
quantity of talented people entering the profession to accommodate
escalating requirements.

[...]

Best Selling Security Books and More!
Shop InfoSec News