[ISN] Blog lets readers decide alleged hacker's fate

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 00:35:12 -0500 (CDT)
http://blogs.news.com.au/techblog/index.php/news/comments/blog_lets_readers_decide_alleged_hackers_fate

By Andrew Ramadge
blogs.news.com.au
April 29, 2010

TALK about walking the walk -- one of the world.s biggest tech blogs is
taking the idea of crowdsourcing to a new level by letting its readers
decide whether or not to press charges against an alleged hacker.

Earlier this year, tech blog TechCrunch was compromised by a hacker who
at various points redirected users to an adult site and defaced the
homepage.

Now police think they've nabbed the culprit and TechCrunch has been
asked if it wants to press charges.

But, in the spirit of Web 2.0, the blog is leaving that decision to its
readers.

"We're going to let you decide -- do we press charges or just let this
go? The poll is at the bottom of the post. Whatever you decide, we'll
do," wrote founder Michael Arrington in a post.

[...]

Best Selling Security Books and More!
Shop InfoSec News
http://www.shopinfosecnews.org/