[ISN] Michael Dell calls for cybersecurity rethink

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 00:42:18 -0500 (CDT)
http://news.techworld.com/security/3222634/michael-dell-calls-for-cybersecurity-rethink/

By John E. Dunn
Techworld
05 May 10

Cybersecurity needs a global rethink, and fast, Dell's CEO Michael Dell
and Services CIO, Jim Stikeleather, have warned experts at the EastWest
Institute Worldwide Cybersecurity Summit in the US.

In separate presentations and briefings, the men developed the theme of
piecemeal reactions to the rapid rise of crymber-criminality, which
included economic crime and direct threats to critical infrastructure.

The message was unusually blunt. Governments haven't done enough and
have fallen into the trap of seeing matters in a narrow, national way.
Meanwhile, the security industry has been content to sell products
without asking whether security was properly embedded into the way
products are developed.

"Governments and private industry need to work collaboratively to
develop the appropriate international framework to secure cyberspace.
We should all do this in a way that keeps our global information central
nervous system intact and secure," said Michael Dell.

[...]

Best Selling Security Books and More!
Shop InfoSec News
http://www.shopinfosecnews.org/