[ISN] Vilks website hacked as cyber hate grows

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 00:48:47 -0500 (CDT)
http://www.thelocal.se/26620/20100513/

The Local
13 May 10

The website of artist Lars Vilks was hacked on Wednesday, just a day
after the 53-year-old was attacked as he gave a lecture at Uppsala
University.

Instead of gaining access to the artist's controversial drawing of the
Muslim prophet Muhammad as a dog, which sparked outrage in parts of the
Islamic world after its publication in Swedish newspapers in 2007,
visitors to Vilks.net were greeted by a message from a hacker with the
signature Al Qatari.

An aggressive greeting charging the artist with "still talking about the
Prophet Muhammad," is followed by a warning that the site will remain a
target.

"We really never stop hacking your site and I will show you how can I
hacking your computer."

Lars Vilks was seemingly unperturbed by the cyber attack.

"I'm in touch with my webmaster, so I hope it will be fixed soon. But in
any case, this is better than starting fights at academic lectures,"
Vilks told news agency TT.

[...]

Best Selling Security Books and More!
Shop InfoSec News