[ISN] Cyber Command lays groundwork for rapid deployment of resources

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 00:28:56 -0500 (CDT)
http://fcw.com/articles/2010/07/09/cyber-command-panel-afcea-symposium.aspx

By Amber Corrin
FCW.com
July 09, 2010

With the Cyber Command now the formally established presence of the
armed forces in cyberspace, military leaders are pondering how best to
move forward with cybersecurity.

"We're in uncharted territory in cyber policy, cyber law and cyber
doctrine," said Air Maj. Gen. Paul F. Capasso, director, network
services, Office of Information Dominance and Air Force chief
information officer. To establish the right way forward, the services
will need to collaborate, he said, speaking July 8 on a panel at the
AFCEA Cybersecurity Symposium in Washington.

"We can't go as a joint team unless we work together to break down
barriers," he said.

The challenges - which Capasso said he instead refers to as
'opportunities' - include becoming more rapid in response, determining
the relevant definitions and roles of U.S. cyber defense and getting the
right tools through streamlined acquisition.

[...]

Attend Black Hat USA 2010, hosted at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada
July 24-29th, offering over 60 training sessions and 11 tracks of Briefings
from security industry elite. To sign up visit http://www.blackhat.com