[ISN] Milton, Caritas Carney hospitals to patients about dumped medical records

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 01:51:34 -0500 (CDT)
http://www.patriotledger.com/lifestyle/health_and_beauty/x316188449/Milton-Caritas-Carney-hospitals-to-patients-about-dumped-medical-records

By Lane Lambert
The Patriot Ledger
Aug 14, 2010

MILTON -- medical records?

Milton Hospital and Caritas Carney Hospital in Dorchester will soon be
contacting thousands of patients whose medical records were found at a
public dump in late July.

Both hospitals have posted information for patients on their websites
and are making plans to send letters to all patients who were involved
in the security breach.

Both have direct phone lines that patients can call. Carney’s number is
800-699-1202, and Milton’s is 617-313-1000 followed by 1 and extension
881555.

“We want to make sure our patients have whatever information they need,”
Milton Hospital spokesman Jason Bouffard said.

[...]

--
Visit InfoSec News!
http://www.infosecnews.org/