[ISN] Cyberwar claims high-profile victim

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 02:05:46 -0500 (CDT)
Forwarded from: Simon Taplin <simon.taplin (at) gmail.com>

http://www.ioltechnology.co.za/article_page.php?iArticleId=5604681

By Phil Hazlewood
Independent Online

Mumbai - The "cyberwar" between India and Pakistan has claimed another
victim, with the hacking of a high-profile lawmaker's website that
experts say highlights the woeful lack of Internet security in South
Asia.

A group calling itself the Pakistan Cyber Army said it hacked into the
website of independent Indian MP Vijay Mallya, a flamboyant liquor
baron, who is also head of Kingfisher Airlines and the Force One Formula
One racing team.

"This is payback from Pak Cyber Army in return to the defacements of
Pakistan sites!" the message on www.mallyainparliament.com said,
according to Indian media. "You are playing with fire! This is not a
game kids.

"We are warning you one last time. Don't think that you are secure in
this Cyber Space. We will turn your Cyber Space into Hell," the message
added, warning of "revenge" if Indians hack any Pakistani websites in
retaliation.

[...]