[ISN] Military hushed up loss of confidential file: sources

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 04:57:40 -0600 (CST)
http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/national/2010/12/30/53/0301000000AEN20101230008100315F.HTML

Yonhap News Agency
2010/12/30

SEOUL, Dec. 30 (Yonhap) -- A USB memory drive containing military
secrets has been missing for months, but authorities are refusing to
launch an investigation and trying to keep the case under wraps, inside
sources said Thursday.

An Army major at a front-line battalion in Gangwon Province lost the
portable drive in July, according to the sources. He lied to his
superiors, saying that he found the USB drive, but it was severely
damaged and had to be discarded, they said.

The Defense Security Command (DSC) admitted that they had been told of
the missing USB drive from an anonymous informant.

"We received the information on Dec. 13. It was dismissed because we
thought the anonymous informant had little credibility," an official
from the command said.

[...]

Tegatai Managed Colocation: Four Provider Blended
Tier-1 Bandwidth, Fortinet Universal Threat Management,
Natural Disaster Avoidance, Always-On Power Delivery
Network, Cisco Switches, SAS 70 Type II Datacenter.
Find peace of mind, Defend your Critical Infrastructure.
http://www.tegataiphoenix.com/