[ISN] We need help with the strange disappearance of Dancho Danchev

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 01:22:15 -0600 (CST)
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/security/we-need-help-with-the-strange-disappearance-of-dancho-danchev/7897

By Ryan Naraine
Zero Day
ZDNet News
January 14, 2011

Zero Day blogger and malware researcher Dancho Danchev (right) has gone
missing since August last year and we have some troubling information
that suggests he may have been harmed in his native Bulgaria.

Dancho, who was relentless in his pursuit of cyber-criminals, last
blogged here on August 18.  His personal blog has not been updated since
September 11, 2010.

At ZDNet, we made multiple attempts to contact him, to no avail.
Telephone numbers are going to Bulgarian language voicemails and our
attempts to reach him via a snail mail address also came up empty.

Over the last few months, we have contacted the Bulgarian CERT
authorities and used anti-virus contacts there to help us figure out
Dancho’s disappearance. No one can figure out what happened to Dancho.

[...]

Tegatai Managed Colocation: Four Provider Blended
Tier-1 Bandwidth, Fortinet Universal Threat Management,
Natural Disaster Avoidance, Always-On Power Delivery
Network, Cisco Switches, SAS 70 Type II Datacenter.
Find peace of mind, Defend your Critical Infrastructure.
http://www.tegataiphoenix.com/