[ISN] White House doesn't shine in cybersecurity grading

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 00:23:10 -0600 (CST)
http://fcw.com/articles/2011/01/24/white-house-graded-on-cybersecurity.aspx

By Alyah Khan
FCW.com
Jan 24, 2011

The Obama administration has received less-than-stellar marks in a
recent report card on its cybersecurity policies, earning grades in the
B to D range.

The National Security Cyberspace Institute examined the administration’s
record of cybersecurity accomplishments in a white paper published Jan.
18.

NSCI awarded grades for progress against 10 near-term recommendations
included in the White House’s 60-day Cyberspace Policy Review released
in 2009.

“We awarded grades solely on our view of actual progress – not on good
intentions, flowery rhetoric, the number of meetings held, commissions
commissioned, or number of times administration officials have mentioned
the word ‘cyber,’ ” NSCI wrote.

[...]

Tegatai Managed Colocation: Four Provider Blended
Tier-1 Bandwidth, Fortinet Universal Threat Management,
Natural Disaster Avoidance, Always-On Power Delivery
Network, Cisco Switches, SAS 70 Type II Datacenter.
Find peace of mind, Defend your Critical Infrastructure.
http://www.tegataiphoenix.com/