[ISN] Site of AT&T-iPad hackers is hacked

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 05:16:46 -0600 (CST)
http://news.cnet.com/8301-27080_3-20029734-245.html

By Elinor Mills
InSecurity Complex
CNet News
January 26, 2011

The Web site of the hacker group whose members were charged with
computer crimes after they exposed a hole in AT&T's site for iPad
customers last year was hacked today.

For at least a few hours an obscenity-laden message on the Goatse
Security site said: "I have taken the liberty of exposing your gaping
hole...As you are a group of self-aggrandizing [profanity redacted], I
have also contacted the media to ensure that this incident gets the
coverage it deserves.

"In cracking this site, I have sent specially crafted requests to the
server with my browser ID spoofed to that of an iPad. Please know that
while this was not instrumental in this wondrous crack, it _WAS_ poetic
in many ways. I also gave Goatsec the same warning that they gave
AT&T... none at all, to patch their gaping hole. User Accounts have been
deleted, and passwords changed," the note said.

The message gave "props" to the FBI and some hackers and made
disparaging references to AT&T and Apple, among others.

[...]

Tegatai Managed Colocation: Four Provider Blended
Tier-1 Bandwidth, Fortinet Universal Threat Management,
Natural Disaster Avoidance, Always-On Power Delivery
Network, Cisco Switches, SAS 70 Type II Datacenter.
Find peace of mind, Defend your Critical Infrastructure.
http://www.tegataiphoenix.com/