[ISN] Re: Judge rebukes 'World's No. 1 Hacker'

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 01:51:33 -0600 (CST)
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/01/31/ligatt_security_subpoena_quashed/

[A little more on Gregory D. Evans / LIGATT Security as it seems there's
never a dull moment with this saga. It appears Greg Evans' Twitter
account was hacked with this message. 'It's my birthday, so I thought
I'd "air" on the side of transparency: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=3k8jrMJn '  - WK]

> By Dan Goodin in San Francisco
> The Register
> 31st January 2011
>
> [More backround on Gregory D. Evans / LIGATT Security from Attrition.org
> http://attrition.org/errata/charlatan/gregory_evans/   - WK]
>
> A judge in Georgia has scolded a controversial security figure for
> improperly subpoenaing Yahoo! and Twitter in an attempt to get user
> names and passwords belonging to some 25 researchers.
>
> Gregory D. Evans, CEO of Ligatt Security and the self-proclaimed
> "World's No. 1 Hacker", sought the the highly personal information in a
> lawsuit he brought last year accusing the researchers of bashing his
> company's penny stock. Over the past year, shares have fallen from about
> $2.80 to $0.0004, public information shows. Most of that precipitous
> drop happened prior to claims that surfaced in June that huge chunks of
> an e-book purportedly written by Evans were lifted from other hacking
> manuals without the original authors' permission.
>
> The suit named Chris John Riley, Ben Rothke, and other security
> professionals who publicly claimed their works were plagiarized. Shortly
> after it was filed, attorneys for Evans subpoenaed Yahoo! and Twitter
> for information that included the defendants' usernames, passwords,
> emails sent and received, and blog postings. Last week, the judge
> hearing the case squashed the subpoenas and said they violated several
> provisions of Georgia law.

[...]

Tegatai Managed Colocation: Four Provider Blended
Tier-1 Bandwidth, Fortinet Universal Threat Management,
Natural Disaster Avoidance, Always-On Power Delivery
Network, Cisco Switches, SAS 70 Type II Datacenter.
Find peace of mind, Defend your Critical Infrastructure.
http://www.tegataiphoenix.com/