[ISN] Wells Fargo ATMs fail from N.Y. to Minn.

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 03:59:48 -0600 (CST)
http://www.startribune.com/business/115532664.html

By Chris Serres
Star Tribune
February 8, 2011

Thousands of Wells Fargo & Co. customers were left angry and short of
cash Monday after a majority of the bank's 12,000 ATMs nationwide
crashed.

The outage, which began Monday afternoon, lasted for several hours and
was still not fixed by the time branches closed. Many frustrated
customers went from one Wells Fargo ATM to the next trying to withdraw
their money, only to find "Out of Service" messages at every stop.

As of 8:45 p.m. Monday, Wells Fargo officials said they still did not
know what caused the crash, though the bank had managed to fix the
problem at all of its locations.

"All we can say is that we're aware of the situation and we're working
to resolve it as quickly as possible," said Peggy Gunn, a spokeswoman
for Wells Fargo. "We apologize to our customers."

[...]

Tegatai Managed Colocation: Four Provider Blended
Tier-1 Bandwidth, Fortinet Universal Threat Management,
Natural Disaster Avoidance, Always-On Power Delivery
Network, Cisco Switches, SAS 70 Type II Datacenter.
Find peace of mind, Defend your Critical Infrastructure.
http://www.tegataiphoenix.com/