[ISN] At security confab, Clinton urges risk, investment

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 00:29:07 -0600 (CST)
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-20033579-83.html

By Josh Lowensohn
CNet News
Security
February 18, 2011

SAN FRANCISCO -- Like any great endeavor, information technology does
not come without its risks, former President Bill Clinton said this
afternoon during a speech at the RSA security conference here.

Clinton stressed that this was especially true given recent events in
Egypt, efforts to secure free Internet access around the world,
investigations into WikiLeaks, and the fallout from the Stuxnet virus.

"There are no totally risk-free endeavors and advances," Clinton said.
"At every step along the way we have to ask ourselves, 'what is it we're
really trying to do here?'"

Clinton closed out the weeklong security conference with a talk entitled
"Embracing Our Common Humanity," in which he focused on the importance
of making sure there is good political policy to back up new
technologies, so as not to repeat mistakes made in the past. Part of
such an effort also involves looking for evidence to make the right
decisions, Clinton said.

[...]

Tegatai Managed Colocation: Four Provider Blended
Tier-1 Bandwidth, Fortinet Universal Threat Management,
Natural Disaster Avoidance, Always-On Power Delivery
Network, Cisco Switches, SAS 70 Type II Datacenter.
Find peace of mind, Defend your Critical Infrastructure.
http://www.tegataiphoenix.com/