[ISN] CSET '11 Call for Papers Now Available

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 02:57:20 -0600 (CST)
Forwarded from: Lionel Garth Jones <lgj (at) usenix.org>

On behalf of the 4th Workshop on Cyber Security Experimentation and Test
(CSET '11) program committee, we would like to invite you to submit
papers on the science, design, architecture, construction, operation,
and use of cyber security data and experiments. Please submit all papers
by April 18, 2011, at 11:59 p.m. PDT.

Topics of interest include but are not limited to:

* Science of cyber security, e.g., experiences with and discussions of
  experimental methodologies

* Measurement and metrics, e.g., what are useful or valid metrics? how
  do we know? how does measurement interact with (or interfere with)
  evaluation?

* Data sets, e.g., what makes good data sets? how do we know? how do we
  compare data sets? how do we generate new ones? how do they hold up
  over time? how well do teaming or capture-the-flag exercises generate
  data sets?

* Simulations and emulations, e.g., what makes good ones? how do they
  scale (up or down)?

* Testbeds and experimental infrastructure, e.g., usage techniques,
  support for experimentation in emerging security topics
  (cyber-physical systems and wireless)

* Experiences with cyber security education, e.g., capture-the-flag
  exercises, novel experimentation techniques used in education, novel
  ways to teach hands-on cyber security

Because of the complex and open nature of the subject matter, CSET '11
is designed to be a workshop in the traditional sense. Presentations are
expected to be interactive, 45 minutes long, with the expectation that a
substantial amount of this time may be given to questions and audience
discussion. Similarly themed papers and extended abstracts may be
grouped together for discussion. Papers and presentations should be
conducive to discussion, and the audience is encouraged to participate.
To ensure a productive workshop environment, attendance will be limited
to 80 participants.

For more details on the submission process, please see the complete Call
for Papers at http://www.usenix.org/cset11/cfpa/

We look forward to receiving your submissions!

Sean Peisert, Sean Peisert, UC Davis & Berkeley Lab
National Laboratory
Stephen Schwab, Cobham, PLC
CSET '11 Program Co-Chairs
cset11chairs (at) usenix.org

Tegatai Managed Colocation: Four Provider Blended
Tier-1 Bandwidth, Fortinet Universal Threat Management,
Natural Disaster Avoidance, Always-On Power Delivery
Network, Cisco Switches, SAS 70 Type II Datacenter.
Find peace of mind, Defend your Critical Infrastructure.
http://www.tegataiphoenix.com/