[ISN] HBGary Federal CEO Aaron Barr Quits Due to Anonymous Attack

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 02:26:09 -0600 (CST)
http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Security/HBGary-Federal-CEO-Aaron-Barr-Quits-Due-to-Anonymous-Attack-325042/

By Fahmida Y. Rashid
eWEEK.com
2011-03-01

The embattled CEO of HBGary Federal has resigned his post three weeks
after Anonmyous hacked into the company’s network and stole thousands of
e-mail messages. The ease Anonymous conducted the attack left the
company that provides security services to the federal government
red-faced.

CEO Aaron Barr told Threatpost on Feb. 28 that he’s stepping down to
help the company regain its reputation and to improve his own.

"[G]iven that I’ve been the focus of much bad press, I hope that, by
leaving, HBGary and HBGary Federal can get away from some of that. I’m
confident they’ll be able to weather this storm," Barr told Threatpost.

HBGary Federal declined comment.

At least one member of Anonymous saw it as a victory. “Aaron Barr has
quit! Join our party on IRC,” Topiary, an Anonymous “supporter” posted
on Twitter. “It seems Aaron’s fate currently lies in a trash can,
reminiscing of the times he thought he took down Anon,” Topiarty added,
referring to a “Where will Aaron Barr be in 6 months time?” online poll.
The comments left on AnonNewsSite were far more gleeful. “At least we
destroyed him in anonymous style,” wrote one commenter.

[...]

Tegatai Managed Colocation: Four Provider Blended
Tier-1 Bandwidth, Fortinet Universal Threat Management,
Natural Disaster Avoidance, Always-On Power Delivery
Network, Cisco Switches, SAS 70 Type II Datacenter.
Find peace of mind, Defend your Critical Infrastructure.
http://www.tegataiphoenix.com/