[ISN] iPhone, BlackBerry tumble to Pwn2Own hackers

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 07:04:49 -0600 (CST)
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9214169/iPhone_BlackBerry_tumble_to_Pwn2Own_hackers

By Gregg Keizer
Computerworld
March 10, 2011

Apple's iPhone 4 and RIM's BlackBerry Torch 9800 both succumbed to
hackers today at Pwn2Own, but two other smartphones running Android and
Windows Phone 7 were unchallenged, the contest's sponsor said.

Charlie Miller became the first "four-peat" at Pwn2Own when he teamed
with Dion Blazakis to take down the iPhone. Both Miller and Blazakis
work for the Baltimore-based consulting firm Independent Security
Evaluators (ISE).

Miller has walked off with winnings from Pwn2Own four years running --
2008 through 2011 -- twice as many times as anyone else.

"Every other year I've had an exploit ready to go for months," said
Miller in an interview after the win. "But this was a different
experience, working under the time pressure because we were working on
[the iPhone] exploit the night before."

[...]

Tegatai Managed Colocation: Four Provider Blended
Tier-1 Bandwidth, Fortinet Universal Threat Management,
Natural Disaster Avoidance, Always-On Power Delivery
Network, Cisco Switches, SAS 70 Type II Datacenter.
Find peace of mind, Defend your Critical Infrastructure.
http://www.tegataiphoenix.com/